Castellazzi extends Inter deal

Inter Milan goalkeeper Luca Castellazzi has spoken of his happiness at having extended his contract with the club until 2014.

The 37-year-old, who has added one more year to his previous deal, has been at San Siro since 2010, when he joined Inter from Sampdoria.

Previously a reserve behind Julio Cesar, he still does not know whether he will be Inter s second or third-choice custodian for the new season following the club s signing of Samir Handanovic from Udinese, but is delighted to have prolonged his stay with the club.

I am very happy to have signed a new deal, especially because I am no longer a young player, Castellazzi told the Inter television channel.

This is a sign that the club liked my performances.

We are working very hard these d…

France set 10-year low in terrible Turkey performance

France may be the world champions but they failed to muster a single shot on target in a one-sided Euro 2020 qualifying defeat to Turkey on Saturday.

Turkey won 2-0 thanks to first-half strikes from Kaan Ayhan and Cengiz Under but in truth the margin could have been far greater in a surprisingly poor outing for Didier Deschamps men.

For France, the match was the first in 10 years that they had not produced a shot on target. That was despite 559 passes of the ball, compared to Turkey s 322.

Turkey were far more clinical, producing 11 shots, six of which were on target in the win that sent them three points clear at the top of Group H.

Making the statistic even more remarkable was the fact that nine of the 11 players who started in France s 2018 World Cup …

Milan score after six seconds! Rafael Leao nets fastest goal in Serie A history

Rafael Leao scored the fastest goal in Serie A history to put Milan ahead at Sassuolo on Sunday, netting after just six seconds. 

The forward put an emphatic finishing touch to a Milan charge through the Sassuolo ranks, with Brahim Diaz playing the kick-off short to Hakan Calhanoglu, who raced straight towards the penalty area. 

Calhanoglu s pass through to Leao was smashed in, leaving the home side shell-shocked. 

Milan began the game at the top of Serie A.

1 has scored the fastest goal in Serie A (after 6 seconds), overtaking the previous record made by Paolo Poggi in December 2001 with Piacenza (8 seconds). Sprint.

— OptaPaolo (@OptaPaolo)

Sassuolo had not touched the ball by the time Leao found the back of the net, in w…

Tottenham target nears summer exit

French media outlet that French winger Florian Thauvin is expected to leave Marseille at the end of the season.

The French giants made a tremendous effort to recruit the 22-year-old, buying him from Lille after initially missing out on his signature.

And while the youngster impressed at the start of his career at Stade Velodrome, his latest performances have been quite disappointing.

As a result, Marseille chiefs are ready to consider serious offers for his services, with Premier League giants Tottenham casting admiring glances his way.

Florian Thauvin is also believed to be on the radar of Valencia and Inter Milan, so chances are OM will sell him to the highest bidder in the summer transfer window.

The talented footballer left Lille for Marseil…

Kempes expects Messi to return to international football

Argentina great Mario Kempes said he expects Lionel Messi to reverse his decision to retire from international football. 

Messi shocked the world of football after quitting the Argentina national team following their 4-2 penalty shoot-out loss to Chile in the Copa America Centenario final on Sunday. 

The defeat was the third Messi and Co. had suffered in a major tournament final in the last three years, after also going down to Chile in the 2015 Copa decider and Germany in the 2014 World Cup final while the Barcelona star was also on the losing side in the 2007 Copa final against Brazil.

Messi claimed the national team was not for him in the wake of another loss, but Kempes who won the 1978 World Cup with Argentina believes it was only said in the heat of the…

Marsielle interested in Gervinho deal

Marseille are lining up a season-long loan bid for out of favour Arsenal forward Gervinho,.

The 26 year old has largely failed to live up to expectation since arriving at the Emirates in 2011, scoring just nine goals in forty-six league appearances over the last two seasons.

Fellow Ligue 1 side Lyon have also registered an interest in the Ivory Coast international, who made just twelve Premier League starts last season, though last season’s runners-up Marsielle are currently leading the chase.

However, it remains to been seen whether the Gunners would be interested in letting the former Lille men leave on anything other than a permanent basis, though what does seem certain is that he will leave North London this summer.

Turkish heavyweights Galata…

Stijn Schaars on PSV radar

Dutch newspaper that PSV Eindhoven are seriously thinking about recruiting Sporting Lisbon midfielder Stijn Schaars.

The Dutch giants believe the experienced footballer would be a perfect replacement for retiring captain Mark van Bommel and are set to open talks with Sporting chiefs.

The Lions are looking to cash in on the player who has just one year left on his deal at Estadio Jose Alvalade and at the same time get him off the payroll.

Stijn Schaars recently revealed that he was ready to leave Sporting in the summer and a return to Dutch Eredivisie appears on the cards.

The former Netherlands international had played for Vitesse and AZ Alkmar before joining the Portuguese giants in the summer of 2011.

Schaars has since made 37 league appearanc…

Klopp opens the door for Liverpool fringe players amid frustration with first-team regulars

Jurgen Klopp sees chances for Liverpool s fringe players to push for inclusion, suggesting just a handful of his squad are safe amid rough form.

The Reds slipped to a 4-1 loss against Manchester City at the Etihad Stadium on Saturday, their third straight defeat across all competitions.

Only a slew of fortunate results elsewhere has kept them in eighth place, and still in the hunt to secure European qualification after a poor season.

But ahead of Tuesday s trip to Chelsea, Klopp acknowledges plenty of spots are up for grabs amid the lacklustre efforts of his regular picks.

We have opportunities to change, and we have to change, he told Sky Sports News. We cannot just close our eyes and say the same again and again .

We have to change, and now th…

Villa ´not for sale´ – Valencia

Spanish Primera Liga side Valencia on Friday insisted that star striker David Villa is not for sale , despite earlier reports that he was on the brink of a transfer to Real Madrid.

The decision, if confirmed, could force Real to look for other forwards, with Spanish media pinpointing France international Karim Benzema of Lyon or Atletico Madrid s Uruguayan star Diego Forlan as possible alternatives.

Real were hoping to capture Villa for a fee in the region of 40 million euros, having already this month paid 65 million to take Brazil playmaker Kaka from AC Milan and a world record 94 million to prise Portuguese winger Cristiano Ronaldo from Manchester United.

Real Madrid president Florentino Perez had said on Thursday that the completion of a deal between the clu…

Lampard has no concerns over Gordon as Chelsea rumours persist

Everton manager Frank Lampard has no concerns over Anthony Gordon refusing to play in order to force through an exit, amid continued speculation over a move to Chelsea.

Chelsea are reported to have already had multiple offers knocked back for the 21-year-old, the most recent of which was said to be worth £45million.

Lampard s former side Chelsea could yet make another approach prior to Thursday s deadline, with boss Thomas Tuchel hinting he is hopeful of further additions.

While Wesley Fofana has been overlooked for selection by Leicester City ahead of a move to Chelsea, and Willy Boly allegedly refused to play against Newcastle United as he seeks a move away from Wolves, Lampard does not expect any such problems from Gordon.

Anthony wouldn t, shouldn t…