Disney's What If…- Is MCU Canon

The multiverse presented in the upcoming Marvel animated anthology What If….? is officially canon, according to head writer AC Bradley. In an interview with IGN, Bradley put to rest any lingering doubts or anxiety that may have been looming over how real the hypothetical alternate plot lines explored might really be.

“The events of What If…? are canon,” said Bradley. “It’s part of the MCU multiverse. The multiverse is here. It is real, and it is absolutely fantastic, people.” Of course, what this really means is largely unknown until we can see what stories the show, which debuts on Disney+ on August 11, has in store.

Largely, Bradley’s insight seems to so far be fueling speculation that any new animated characters introduced in these alternate timeli…

Preview: Russia – Spain

Russia will do everything in their power to avoid the defeat they suffered against Spain in their opening game, in order to advance to the final of Euro 2008.

This semi final is the only match at Euro 2008 in which the two teams meet for the second time. On June 10th, it was Spain to impress and take away a 4-1 victory.

But things have changed since then for the Russians, who then went on to beat Greece, Sweden and the Netherlands consecutively.

Their change of form must be related to the return of Andrei Arshavin, who was suspended for the first two games.

In an interview with the tournament s official website, Arshavin said that Russia should rely on themselves.

Russia will play their normal way. We don t play defensive football, we like to at…

Portland sign ex-Ranger Smith

The Portland Timbers have confirmed the signing of former Rangers defender Steven Smith on Wednesday.

The 26-year-old has won three Scottish Premier League championships, two Scottish Cups and three Scottish League Cups. He also appeared in the Europa League and UEFA Champions League.

Steven has impressed us, both on the field and as a person, during his trial, Portland head coach John Spencer said.

He is a hard-working defender who possesses a winning mentality. Steven has been a part of successful clubs throughout his career and has experience at high levels, including playing in the Champions League.

In 2010, Smith moved to Norwich City and jumped to Preston North End a year later.

Portland also waived James Marcelin. The 25-year-old play…

Pioli insists Milan were not distracted by Tottenham clash after deserved Fiorentina loss

Stefano Pioli insisted Milan did not already have their eyes on their Champions League clash with Tottenham after a deserved defeat at Fiorentina.

Milan saw a three-game winning run in Serie A come to an abrupt end after Nicolas Gonzalez and Luka Jovic inflicted a 2-1 defeat, despite Theo Hernandez s well-taken late strike on Saturday.

That left the Rossoneri s top-four hopes in danger with fifth-placed Roma able to move level on points with victory at home to Juventus on Sunday.

Milan visit Tottenham with a slender 1-0 lead ahead of the second leg of their Champions League last-16 clash on Wednesday, though Pioli refused suggestions that match impacted the Rossoneri at Fiorentina.

When asked by Sky Sport Italia if Milan were already thinking about Totten…

Nagatomo signs new deal at Inter

Yuto Nagatomo has signed a new deal at Inter that will keep him at San Siro until 2016.

The left-back first joined the Nerazzurri on loan from Cesena at the start of 2011 before moving permanently in June of the same year.

FC Internazionale is pleased to announce that Yuto Nagatomo has signed a contract extension with the club, Inter announced on their official site.

All the paperwork relating to the Japanese defender s new deal, which runs until June 2016, has been completed.

Nagatomo became the club s first Japanese player upon his arrival and has 54 caps to his name.

Inter return to Serie A action on Sunday when they take on Udinese, but the defender will be missing through injury.

Mourinho refusing to deal with hypotheticals over Eriksen´s Tottenham future

Jose Mourinho is refusing to deal in hypotheticals with regards to the future of Tottenham star Christian Eriksen.

The attacking midfielder is out of contract at the end of the season and was linked with a move away in the previous transfer window but a deal failed to materialise.

Reports suggest Spurs are willing to listen to offers of £40million for Eriksen in January, half the amount Manchester United were supposedly quoted in the close season, with a switch to Italy or Spain thought to be his favoured destination.

However, Spurs boss Mourinho kept his cards close to his chest when asked what will happen with Eriksen next month.

My feelings are until I have anything official rather than hypothetical, I will not comment, Mourinho said. 

Th…